Saturday, May 30, 2009

Well things aren't moving as fast as I'd like (as in I wish I was finished and out there gaming or painting as opposed to trying to build walls etc!), but I am certainly getting there!

I thought I would include in this post not only where the gaming room is up to, but also a pic of my current sad excuse for a gaming space.
Plenty of room for painting but not much else. We all know you need SPACE to do things like make terrain, or play a large game on your 10 foot table!















So then, here is the shed in its current state.

I have ordered all the materials to build the internal walls and ceiling, and they should be delivered tomorrow.. hopefully.. also the eleco should be there tomorrow morning to do all the pre wiring. At this stage I am having 2 x double power points, and 4 x double luminous (bar) lights. I think that should be enough really, although I can reassess it when everything is set u, walls are painted etc... to see how it looks. I am going to have the ceiling follow the gable of the roof because it will help keep the room cooler in summer, and just give it more of a feeling of space.. although 6mx6m is really plenty of room for a personal gaming room!

Lastly, I thought I would throw in what is the start of my 6mm Napoleonic Russian Army based for ShakoII. Man these guys are small. They are all Adler minis which are the best on the market at the moment in my opinion. I'm actually pretty happy with how they have turned out. They will really look the part when there are a couple of divisions of them!



Well that's it for now. Hopefully I have there walls all up in the next 3 weeks or so as I think the finishing touches will be a little more exciting than the construction phase!

Marcus

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I have a gaming shed (the man-cave) in our back yard. Only I have the keys - no wife allowed except by invitation. Enjoy your space mate and make the most of it.

    If I were you I would put more electrical outlets than you wthinnk you need now. I have four double and two dsingle outlets in my shed and still seem to run out.

    Brian
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete