Saturday, March 13, 2010

6mm Napoleonics - change for the better

Well after much discussion, thought, and coffee drinking (some would have preferred wine however I'll not name names as wives may be looking over shoulders as this is read), we decided to ditch the idea of playing Shako/Lasalle with our 6mm figs and use them for much grander games using (at this stage) Polemos.

Every Inf base is a Regt. There are 36 Battalions of Inf here as well as 8 Regts of Cav. I've just finished painting the Lithuanian Uhlans, however the basing wasn't finished so they'll get some pics next time I post!

I have chosen to reasonably accurately base my force (at least in terms of Inf Divisions) on those present at Borodino. Pictured are 2 Inf Divisions and a Grenadier Division.

So without further ramblings here are my re-based figures based for Polemos Marechal de l'Empire.

So there you have it. I intend on having most of the Russians at Borodino represented by the end of the year but for now hopefully this will at least get us all gaming!

Marcus

4 comments:

  1. Nice-looking bases!

    Are you going to wait until the Russian range is re-sculpted to finish your forces or are you planning on going stright ahead with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table is looking better. What was it that finally led you guys away from Shako/Lasalle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - I've been coming to the same conclusion with regards to 6mm Napoleonics - looked ar Lasalle, Shako, Black Powder and Napoleon - looks like it will be Polemos though - especially as the bases look so darned good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ordering Lasalle as my first foray into Napoleonic Wargaming.

    6mm can look nice and affordable too :)

    Mostly the idea of playing a game in 2-3 hours due to other commitments and I don't want to get a game that needs too many reference charts or is too simple.

    I would love to hear your thinking as well.

    I looked hard at 15mm AB figures but the 28mm is cheaper ( i.e. Perry, Victrix etc. Although with 15mm I can share terrain I use for Flames of War.

    Happy Gaming & keep posting :)

    Allan

    ReplyDelete